Marie was born and raised in Manila, Philippines. Graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Santo Tomas with a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce major in Accounting. Marie has two sons, Kyle, 29, and Jimmy, 27. She is a serial entrepreneur who owns and operates several successful companies:.. Arista Development, Inc., one of Arizona’s premier Residential and Commercial builders, Arizona Discount Flooring, a flooring, cabinet, countertop and custom door wholesaler, with three stores in the Phoenix, Mesa, and Surprise, Arizona areas, and Altair Realty, a 17-year-old real estate company with 22 active real estate agents. She is also co-owner of Mr. Boba restaurant franchise.
Marie is also very active in the National and Arizona Community service arena. She is the President of the National Federation of Philippine American Chambers of Commerce (FPACC). She is also a Board of Director for the National Federation of Filipino American Associations
(NaFFAA), and Vice Region Chair for NaFFAA Region 11. In the Arizona scene, Marie is the 2nd Vice District Governor for Lions District MD 21C. Other community positions held by Marie are:
– Filipino American Business Chamber of Commerce of Arizona , President
– Phoenix Barangay Lions Club, President ( 4th time in 20 years)
– Asian American Association of Arizona (AAAA) Director at Large
– Council Board Member – Council of Filipino Organizations of Arizona (CFO)
– Asian American Republican Coalition – Board Member representing Filipinos
– Pageant Chair ( Miss, Mrs, Ms Teen, Little Miss Philippines Arizona Pageant)
– Outstanding Asian American Citizen 2006 awarded by US Senator Kyle
– International President’s Award for Outstanding Lion 2010
– Former beauty queen and model.
(Nominator: Ms. Cindy Flores, former CFAAHOF Woman of the Year)
Marie Cumming, on her way to Hall of Fame red carpet interview.
CPRTV interview host, Jovie Calma, doing a red carpet interview with Marie Cunning, the woman of the hour.
CFAA Hall of Fame 2017 awards night, from left to right: Lourdes Livas, trophy sponsor, Consul General Generoso Calonge, Veronica Leighton, HOF Producer, Kayla Tejero, emcee Nick Vera Perez, Marie Cunning, Woman of the Year 2017 awardee, and Cindy Flores, nominator.
Ceremonial Parade of the Man& Woman of HOF 2017, Marie Cunning and Richard Felicelda. Flag waver, David Rivas.
Marie Cunning, delivering her acceptance speech.
Marie Cunning,enjoying her spectacular awards night.
Group picture of 2017 Chicago Filipino Asian American Hall of Famers and Via Times/CPRTV staff.