Press Release
Home / Columnists / Doug Nguyen / Apply for your Social Security Card and Green Card at the Same Time

Apply for your Social Security Card and Green Card at the Same Time


By: Doug Nguyen


We have great news for non U.S. citizens! Now you can apply for a Social Security number or replacement Social Security card at the same time you file for your lawful permanent resident status or green card. This new service eliminates the need to visit one of our offices, saving you time and effort.

We recently partnered with the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to expand our Enumeration Beyond Entry program. Here’s how it works:

1. When you complete your Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485), USCIS will send us information from your approved application to request an original or replacement Social Security card. You can find form I-485 at

2. Once we receive and approve your Social Security card request, we will mail your Social Security card or replacement card to the address you gave on your I-485 application.

3. Your Social Security card will arrive within seven business days after you receive your Permanent Resident Card from USCIS. Please share this information with family and friends who may need it. You can also help us spread the message by sharing it on social media. # # #


About administrator

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Scroll To Top